This is an easy dog breed quiz guide, which will give you the answers you need. It is based on a series of well thought out questions, which are grouped into different categories. My goal with this dog breed quiz is to help you figure out if you should buy dog or not. Furthermore, you’ll understand which type of dog breed, the size and characteristics that would suit you, your family, your home and your lifestyle etc.
It’s always best to choose a breed that closely fits within lifestyle.
Once you have selected the type of dog breed, learn everything you can about its temperament and breed characteristics.
This will help you gain more understanding of how to treat and raise your perfect dog.
Avoid being ignorant about your dog, you owe it to the animal!
Take your pick with my dog breed quiz
These dog breed quiz questions will help you consider which dog to buy. In order to do this, rate each question on a scale of 1 to 10. One is negative and ten is the most positive. Ten will be your best score whereas one will be your least favorite.
- Do you want a toy dog breed? (9 inches under)
- Do you want a small dog breed? (10 to 15 inches)
- Do you want a medium dog breed? (12 to 24 inches)
- Do you want a large dog breed? (22 to 27 inches)
- Do you want a giant dog breed? (25 inches upwards)
- Do you want a guard dog?
- Do you want a in-house dog?
- Do you want an outside dog?
- What size dog can you accommodate in your house?
- Do you have enough space in your house for a crate?
- What size dog can your garden accommodate?
Type of hair?
- Do you prefer no hair?
- Do you prefer short length hair?
- Do you prefer curly hair?
- Do you prefer wavy hair?
- Do you prefer wiry hair?
- Do you prefer medium length hair?
- Do you prefer long length hair?
- Do you prefer fluffy hair?
- Do you prefer feathery hair?
- Do you mind of the dog sheds a lot of hair?
- How energetic do you want your dog?
- How playful do you want your dog?
- Are you wanting an athletic dog?
- Are you wanting a slow dog?
- Level of affectionate towards you?
- Level of friendliness towards humans?
- Level of friendliness towards other dogs?
- Level of friendliness towards other types of animals such as cats etc?
Levels of independence:
- Will your dog be left alone zero hours per day?
- Will your dog be left alone for less than four hours per day?
- Will your dog be left alone for less than four to six hours per day?
- Could a competent person check in on your dog if you are out for four to six hours per day?
- Will your dog be left alone for the whole day? (If so, do not buy a dog or at least consider quality kennels)
The ultimate dog breed quiz questions
|Preferred Types of Breeds||Preferred Appearance|
|Bull dog breeds||Do you prefer Mastiff looks?|
|Bully dog breeds||Do you prefer Bulldog looks?|
|Cur dog breeds||Do you prefer Spitz looks?|
|Guard dog breeds||Do you prefer Terrier looks?|
|Gunny dog breeds||Do you prefer Hound looks?|
|Herding dog breeds||Do you prefer Setter looks?|
|Hunting dog breeds||Do you prefer Retriever looks?|
|Scent hound dog breeds||Do you prefer Spaniel looks?|
|Sight hound dog breeds||Do you prefer Toy looks?|
|Spitz / Arctic dog breeds||Do you prefer Herding looks?|
|Terrier dog breeds||Do you prefer Mountain dog looks?|
|Toy dog breeds||Do you prefer Bichon looks?|
|Water dog breeds||Do you prefer Wolf looks?|
|Working dog breeds||Do you prefer Rottweiler Look|
These are all insightful questions to ask yourself. Once you have answered the dog breed quiz questions, you should have an idea of your preferred breed.
Additional and related topics:
Have you ever wondered what questions to ask dog breeders? Here is an opportunity to understand what to ask and to gain some tips before buying a dog. See more: Insightful Questions to Ask Dog Breeders.
View a full list of what to expect and what to look out for when buying see more at Pathfinder to choosing a dog breed accurately.