Dog Food Reviews Dog Health & Nutrition Pet Daily News

Key benefits of Orijen dog food – the complete review

This Orijen dog food is extremely impressive; it is a high-quality commercial brand and is considered one of the best dry dog food brands on the market. Orijen was born in 1985, with a passion to help dog owners feed their dog’s a authentic and superior quality dog food. Orijen are an independent company and their ranges are now available in over sixty countries worldwide.

Although, Orijen is an expensive food, it’s worth the cost if you can afford it. All the ingredients listed are incredibly impressive and nourishing.

It’s not always the case that you get what you pay for, but with Orijen dog food you do.

I have tried most of their ranges for the dogs in my care. When I started using this food, it took a couple of months for their digestive systems to become accustomed. It is a very rich food and a clear winner. Another winner is Timberwolf dog food, check them out HERE.

Orijen dog food is very tasty, I’ve tasted it. All their ranges are edible and fit for human consumption – not that you’d want to eat it for your dinner! All the same, when a dog food brand specifies human-grade then feel free to tuck in!

Orijen dog food quality

Orijen dog food offers an array of exceptionally good quality ranges for a variety of sized dogs.

Their packages are available in 400g, 2.5kg, 7kg and 13.5kg.

  • Orijen puppy with 80% meat, 20% fruit and vegetables, and 0% grain
  • Orijen puppy large with 80% meat, 20% fruit and vegetables, and 0% grain
  • Orijen Adult with 80% meat, 20% fruit and vegetables, and 0% grain
  • Orijen 6 fish for dogs with 80% meat, 20% fruit and vegetables, and 0% grain
  • Orijen regional red with 75% meat, 25% fruit and vegetables, and 0% grain
  • Orijen senior dog with 75% meat, 25% fruit and vegetables, and 0% grain

Orijen dog food contains a broad-spectrum of at least 80% of human-grade meat; fresh, de-boned and named meat meal. The remaining 20% contains fruits and vegetables, vitamins and minerals. They claim their food has never been frozen, is totally preservative free and is free from plant protein boosters.Orijen dog food

Orijen boasts unprocessed biological proteins and their food is low in carbohydrates with zero grains.

They source animals that have been allowed to run free, fish have been caught from wild deep waters, their meat is free-range and all foods are delivered fresh daily.

The first ingredient is fresh meat, and this could appear a let down because once dried you’ll end up with approximately 20% meal. However, the following ingredients are all named meat meals, which makes up for the loss in the first ingredient.

Some manufacturers add probiotics to their foods during the cooking process, which obviously kills those little friendly bacteria’s. Orijen, add these magnificent creatures after cooking once the food has cooled down, this enhances a dog’s immune system and digestive tract.

A real advantage to Orijen’s dog food is that each individual ingredient has the quantity in percentages (this is uncommon in most brands), here is an example:

De-boned chicken (25%), dehydrated chicken (17%), de-boned salmon (10%), dehydrated turkey (7%), dehydrated herring (7%), russet potato, peas, sweet potato, de-boned turkey (3%), whole eggs (3%), chicken liver (2%), de-boned lake whitefish (2%), de-boned walleye (2%)…

Orijen has never been recalled, which is a big bonus and never use euphemisms to promote their range. Their food sells because they are naturally excellent and super nutritious.

About the author

Jennifer Pitts

I love pets and I love animals. I have 2 dogs and 3 cats and it's not enough for me.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Like us on Facebook