In brief here are some tips of how to choose names for dogs:
- The name should always represent your dogs character and personality.
- Avoid long and strange sounding names.
- Always question the meaning.
- What is the origin? – locations can give you a good name.
- Dog names can be changed at any time.
- Keep all dog names simple, with one or two syllables.
- Their registered names can often be very nice, but sometimes complex; however, it may be worth considering.
For some more great tips on how to choose quality dog names, browse through What will you call me?
Browse dog names by category:
Browse dog names by alphabet:
[table border=1 width=100%](A),B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z[/table]
[table border=0 width=100%]
A to Z Dog Names,Origin ———–,Gender ———–,Meaning
Aadi,Indian,Male,First / Beginning
Aahan,Hindi,Male,Dawn / Morning
Aakesh,Indian,Male,Lord of the Sky
Aali,Arabic,Male,High / Lofty
Aalok,Indian,Male,Light of the Lord
Aalt,German,Unisex,Noble / Noble Sort
Aaltje,German,Female,Noble / Noble Sort
Aamin,Indian,Male,Divine Grace / Grace of God
Aamina,Arabic,Female,Safe / Safety
Aamir,Arabic,Male,Prince / Commander / Ruler
Aamira,Arabic,Female,Full of Life / Prosperous
Aanal,Indian,Male,Center of spiritual energy
Aanan,Indian,Male,Appearance / Countenance