In brief here are some tips of how to choose names for dogs:
- The name should always represent your dogs character and personality.
- Avoid long and strange sounding names.
- Always question the meaning.
- What is the origin? – locations can give you a good name.
- Dog names can be changed at any time.
- Keep all dog names simple, with one or two syllables.
- Their registered names can often be very nice, but sometimes complex; however, it may be worth considering.
For some more great tips on how to choose quality dog names, browse through What will you call me?
Browse dog names by category:
Browse dog names by alphabet:[table border=1 width=100%]A,(B),C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z[/table] [table border=0 width=100%] A to Z Dog Names,Origin ———–,Gender ———–,Meaning
Baabar, Arabic,Male,King of the jungle
Baahir,Arabic,Male,Dazzling / Brilliant
Baal,Hebrew,Male,Master / Lord
Baalath,Hebrew,Female,Rejoicing / Our proud Lord
Baali,Hebrew,Male,My idol / Lord over me
Baalis,Hebrew,Male,Rejoicing / Our proud Lord
Baano,Hebrew,Female,Lady / Princess
Baara,Hebrew,Female,A flame / Purging
Baasha,Hebrew,Male,He that seeks / laying waste
Baasu,Indian,Male,Prosperous / Rich / Wealthy
Bab,Arabic / English,Female,From the gateway
Babette,Hebrew,Female,My God is a vow
Babs,English,Female,Foreign / Strange
Babu,Swahili,Male,Ancestor / Grandfather
Baby,American / English,Unisex,Baby