In brief here are some tips of how to choose names for dogs:
- The name should always represent your dogs character and personality.
- Avoid long and strange sounding names.
- Always question the meaning.
- What is the origin? – locations can give you a good name.
- Dog names can be changed at any time.
- Keep all dog names simple, with one or two syllables.
- Their registered names can often be very nice, but sometimes complex; however, it may be worth considering.
For some more great tips on how to choose quality dog names, browse through What will you call me?
Browse dog names by category:
Browse dog names by alphabet:
[table border=1 width=100%]A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,(S),T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z[/table]
[table border=0 width=100%]
A to Z Dog Names,Origin ———–,Gender ———–,Meaning
Saba,Iran,Female,Old / Mature / Aged
Sabeh,Arabic,Unisex,Pretty / Beautiful / Handsome
Sabiha,Arabic,Female,Beautiful / Bright faced
Sacha,Greek,Male,Protector or defender of man
Sadie,English / Hebrew,Female,Princess
Sadiki,Unisex,Swahili,Honest / Sincere
Sagar,Indian,Male,Ruler of water
Sage,English,Unisex,Wise / Sweet-smelling herb
Sagira,Arabic,Female,Small / Short
Sahara,Arabic,Female,The great desert