In brief here are some tips of how to choose names for dogs:
- The name should always represent your dogs character and personality.
- Avoid long and strange sounding names.
- Always question the meaning.
- What is the origin? – locations can give you a good name.
- Dog names can be changed at any time.
- Keep all dog names simple, with one or two syllables.
- Their registered names can often be very nice, but sometimes complex; however, it may be worth considering.
For some more great tips on how to choose quality dog names, browse through What will you call me?
Browse dog names by category:
Browse dog names by alphabet:
[table border=1 width=100%]A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,(V),W,X,Y,Z[/table]
[table border=0 width=100%] A to Z Dog Names,Origin ———–,Gender ———–,Meaning
Vaak,Indian,Female, Well Spoken
Vacana,Indian,Male,Oath / Order
Val,Latin,Unisex,Healthy / Strong / Brave
Valborg,German,Female,Protector on the battlefield
Valdamir,Slavonic,Male,Ruling with greatness or peace
Valdis,German,Male,Spirited in war
Valencia,Latin,Female,Healthy / Strong
Valentin,Latin,Male,Healthy / Strong